Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Countdown to Philly!!! 3 More Days!!!

Meet us at Temple University

1755 N. 13th Street

Room #SC217A, the event is listed under Dean of Students Conference

Parking on campus shouldn't be difficult on Saturday and parking on the street is always free.



Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Coming your way on September 6, 2008!
10:30am - 4:00pm

In attendance:
Claudia, Cheryl, Amy, Katie,
Tera, Treye, Julie, Heidi,
Nicole, Kristen & Jayme
(Katie- Do I have Nicole and Kristen's names correct?)

Do you remember this post used to say "I just ordered a prize..."
Well, the prize was delivered and we are so pleased with it!
It is truly one of a kind!

Some of the things you will want to pack:
  1. An essential creative tool you can't live without, so you may share it during Show and Tell.
  2. A postcard from your home state
  3. A Random item from your house or apartment
  4. A small treat that can be placed in a Random Acts of Kindness package (a favorite recipe, copy of a CD, a collection of quotes you love, a gently used book you've read and love, a favorite craft item, etc...). Tera- Just one small item that will go only to the lucky RAK recipient.
  5. HEY! Have you picked out your Troop 218 Patchwork Jeans (or other denim item)? Bring them! Or better, yet- wear them!!!

8 comments:

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

I am posting this as a comment, because I am not sure how else to do it. Cheryl and I are continuing to make arrangements. Some of the things you will want to pack:

An essential creative tool you can't live without, so you may share it during Show and Tell.

A postcard from your home state

A Random item from your house or apartment

A small treat that can be placed in a Random Acts of Kindness package (a favorite recipe, copy of a CD, a collection of quotes you love, a gently used book you've read and love, a favorite craft item, etc...).

Anonymous said...

Dr. B -

Do you want the small treat to be just one, or one for everyone in the group going to Philly?

maureen said...

Claudia, I cant come!!!!!! My husband and son were just offered to go on a trip to the "canyons" fishing and they are going away for the weekend. I cant go because I have 2 dogs (which belong to my husband and son) and they cant be alone all day!!! There isnt anyone willing or able to help out. I really thought I had it all under control.... I will call you.

Anonymous said...

Some thoughts on "to-dos" if you're going to Philly this weekend:

Local Cheesesteak Joints
http://www.gophila.com/C/Dining_and_Nightlife/223/Dining,_Restaurants_and_Food_in_Philadelphia/221/Authentic_Philly_Cheesesteaks/361.html

Haunted City Tour
http://www.ghosttour.com/philadelphia.html (Tickets are $15...I'm in if someone will come w/ me and hold my hand b/c I'm already scared!)

Fireman's Hall
http://www.firemanshall.org/
Claudia & Cheryl...I know you like your firemen ;)

Cheryl Houston said...

Cheesesteak and Firemen- okay!

Haunted tour??? At first I thought that was going to be a Haunted House- NO WAY. But a city tour... maybe but I don't do scary very well and I would hate to pee myself in my HLA jeans! And in front of a bunch of new friends.

Anonymous said...

I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Katie said...

Cheryl-

Yes, you have their names correct! Can't wait to see you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that all you fun people get to have a party in Philly without me.

Laugh alot and come up with a ton of fun and creative ideas!!!