Thursday, June 26, 2008

Big Skies & Lovers

I am all of the sudden in love with Montana (one winter will cure that, I'm sure) but I've spent exactly 30 seconds looking at the pictures and reading the greeting from the Governor and it just looks so laid back and homey. A place you can put roots down, do your job and live a relaxing life.
Take a look for yourself!

My lovely and talented Aunt Cynthia so graciously sent me these photos of when they were at Yellowstone this summer... I guess I didn't realize that part of Yellowstone was in Montana.



So, where are we going to in Montana? How about Glacier National Park?



Or we could trek across the state and discover The Montana Dinosaur Trail.



There's always a Montana Dude Ranch Vacation. Yee-haw, City Slickers!



And we can hang out with tons of cowboys and horses at one of the many rodeos that are held throughout the summer.



I bet Maureen could find some purple boots in Montana!

Fun facts for Montana are
the state animal is the Grizzly Bear,
the state flower is the Bitteroot,
and the state butterfly is the Morning Cloak.



Lots to see, lots to do! Stay with me as we hop over to Virginia!

And if I fell in love with Montana, the Virginia site says,

"Live Passionately, Virginia is for Lovers!"

Virginia was the first permanent English settlement so you can imagine how steeped in history it is. If I'm not mistaken we have visited another state that claimed to be the Mother of Presidents... but Virginia is claiming it, too! Presidents from Virginia are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor and Thomas Woodrow Wilson. whew!

Let's start in Jamestown, where it all began!



Then, let's cover two of my favorite things by experiencing a Beach Music Getaway!



I took the Passionality Quiz at the Virginia site and it hit me dead on!



I'm a Small Town Hound but maybe you're an Adrenaline Junkie or an Appetizer Ninja (I may fit this category, too!) or even a Creative Cat!

The quiz results offers great suggestions featuring the things you like. Go take the quiz and discover Virginia! And if you don't like your results, pick one of the other passionalities to step out of your box and discover something new!

Fun facts for Virginia are

the state bird is the cardinal, the state flower is the dogwood and the state dog is the American foxhound.



On Friday, June 27th

All Montanans are to meet on the sky deck and

all Virginians meet on the passion deck

to tell us what makes Montana and Virginia the

Taste of USA!!!

Lord knows someone needs to tell us more than I have today!

2 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

Katie- at which school will you be attending?

Anonymous said...

I will be attending James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA! Woo hoo for moving to Virginia!